Sunday, June 29, 2008

We're back


We're back! Exhausted and broke, but full of stories to tell. Buy us a beer and we'll tell you all about Norway!

I have to admit that I was a little nervous about spending 16 days with my parents, but the family vacation couldn't have gone better. I had no idea we were such a functional family! Actually, it was more like traveling with friends (really old friends!) than with family. We shared all sorts of laughs, from inside the cramped confines of hotel elevators to picturesque mountaintops, from behind the wheel of our trusty Volvo (which we nicknamed "Cousin John," in honor of the family giant) to early 19th century farmyards. I can't thank them enough for all the fun memories.  And I owe a special thanks to our new Norwegian relatives for treating us so, so warmly! Tusen Takk!

 


No comments: